Tuesday, July 28, 2015

All things natural and organic

Oh how I love organic tangles! 

The guest post from Cari Sultanik presented us with the (Diva) challenge to use tangles that are nature inspired, a.k.a. organic.  I migrate towards organic tangles; my favorites are Aquafleur and Mooka, as well as anything that flows, anything non-grid, and anything curvy (I even like Ing much better with curves rather than angles!).  

I won't go on an on (although I could) about my passion for organic tangles; rather, I'll just present my tile... and wish a Happy Birthday to the very talented and kind Annette Carlo (love the sister blog BTW... everyone needs a bit of zentering now and again)!


by Amy L. Smith, CZT (tangles: Chez, Indy-Rella, Tipple)


In case you are wondering, Chez is my tangle.  For the life of me I can't remember its muse nor why I called it Chez.  At some point during a camping trip this summer I drew it so it must have been inspired by something in nature.  I just revisited it, looking back through my sketch book I see I tangled it everywhere.  Even though I can't recall why/how I came up with it, now  I think it reminds me of crinoids!  And I do know crinoids!  I used to collect them as a kid while hiking in Montana (of all places) and more recently on a river trip I found them along the San Juan River.  Anyway, here is my step-out for Chez... and do Google crinoid fossils (they are totally cool!)

Chez by Amy L. Smith, CZT


PS -- my previous post is about a ZIA published in a traveling  vellum book.  Check it out... you could do it too!!!


19 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Chez. It fits very well into Cari's organic theme. I like the way your use of brown and black works in your composition. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice I like chez :) and your ribbon bits :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne, I can't wait to see what you do with Chez!

      Delete
  3. I like this pattern very much!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful and very elegant tile! I like your Chez ... I´ll try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see your interpretation of Chez!

      Delete
  5. I like this tile a lot and also you new tangle Chez!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very organic and pretty in it's simplicity with just the right touch of colour. Chez looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new tangle is a precious gem that I can see many adding to their collection of favorite tangles! Your piece is quite lovely, organic and flowing. The kind you do best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just an organic tangle girl! :) Can't wait to see your Chez!

      Delete
  8. Wow!! A new tangle, you have been busy ;) I want to try it SOON!!
    Hope you are having fun, Amy.
    Thinking of you much <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Show me your Chez, Debbie!!!! I can't wait to see what you do with it!

      Delete
  9. Chez does look like...what did you call them? Crinoids? (If crinoids are those little fossilized shells you find everywhere, even in the mountains...or not fossilized. Little bitty shells. everywhere. They're in Idaho and Utah, too.) Love that whole piece though. It's very much like something that might collect in an eddy of a brook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know about crinoids! Yes, the cute little shells!! I like the context you gave my tile!

      Delete
  10. Amy, thank yo so much for the ever so sweet, birthday wishes. !! This Zentangle community always brings smiles to my face!!!
    I love your organic tile! And even more, I love you new tangle. I'm definitely going to have to give it a try! See you around!! (((hugs))) :0) Annette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So look forward to seeing what you do with Chez!

      Delete
  11. this is awesome, your new pattern is beautiful

    ReplyDelete